\\ Press Play
Dr. Jess quoted in the NY Times
Press Play Video Analysis – Providing Sports Medicine practitioners, Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Trainers, Massage Therapists, coaches, and athletes a solution to their sports injury or performance needs via online video analysis.
YOU ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS YOUR WEAKEST LINK
We all have weak links:
- Previous injuries (even from childhood)
- Repetitive movements causing scar tissue and adapted neurological inhibition/excitation of muscles
- Posture and alignment
- Restricted joints
- Muscle imbalances
- Poor kinematic sequencing (from the feet up and the spine/pelvis down)
- Incorrect footwear
- Compensatory movements
Unfortunately, the weak links can cause injuries, plateau training, or prevent a runner from achieving their personal best.
IDENTIFY, FIX, and OUTPERFORM
Dr. Jess’ mission is to identify the weak links, observe technique and training errors, and correct dysfunction so the runner can perform optimally and reduce the risk of injury. Through years of research, conferences, and treating hundreds of runners, Dr. Jess found the best way to identify weak links is to watch them run with state of the art software as well as put them through several dynamic movements and tests to break down the running stride.
The Running Analysis includes:
- Slow Motion and Frame by Frame Video Analysis using Dartfish, state-of-the-art software used in the Olympics
- Line Drawings, angle analysis, and other scientific tools to analyze the running gait
- Analysis of several dynamic movements to break down the running cycle and identify compensatory movements
- Range of motion, posture, joint assessments, alignment, and other orthopedic tests
- History of previous injuries and sports played
- Runner’s goals reviewed
- Shoe analysis and foot mechanics
- Exercises to strengthen the weak links
Magdalena Lewy Boulet
“Dr. Greaux helped me identify specific muscle strength imbalances, which allowed me to apply proper exercises to strengthen the weak parts so I can continue to train injury-free.”
-Magdelena Lewy Boulet
Olympic and Professional Marathoner
“Video analysis was a vital tool that helped Dr. Greaux diagnose an injury in my left leg. I came to Innersport with a list of symptoms, but I had no idea what had caused the initial injury. Slow motion analysis revealed what had been affected by the injury, and which muscle groups were not working efficiently. After regular visits to Innersport for ART, along with a series of prescribed exercises, I’m healthy and ready to take on the Boston Marathon.”
-Peter Gilmore, Elite Marathoner
7th place – Boston Marathon 2006
10th place – NY Marathon 2006 (first American)
Press Play Video Analysis is a unique sports medicine solution for athletes and their medical and training “team” to come to a common place in an effort to collaborate in accomplishing an athlete’s biomechanical needs. The mission of Press Play Analysis is to “diagnose” an athlete’s biomechanical or movement dysfunction by using both video analysis of his/her sport as well as breaking down the fundamental dynamic movements to expose the weak link contributing to injury and/or decreased performance. We use state-of-the-art Dartfish motion analysis technology to capture, edit, and analyze various sport motions to find the weak links in your body or body movement can cause injury, pain, or suboptimal performance. We then posts the analysis with line drawings, printable key positions, and the “movie” online where the athlete can use a personalized login and password to access and download on his or her computer, CD, DVD, or share with his or her sports medicine and training “team.”
Benefits of Press Play Video Analysis
- Injury Prevention Through Press Play Video Analysis the athlete can learn where the weak links exist in their athletic movements. From this information, the athlete can develop the strength and conditioning specific to their bodies, their movements, their biomechanics and their sport to decrease the risk of injury.
- Less Severe Sports Injuries While injuries can never be completely avoided, through Press Play Video Analysis, athletes will discover ways their bodies are compensating for injury and train accordingly, leading to less severe injuries.
- Recover Faster and Better The athletes will spend less time on the sidelines by positioning themselves to be as properly prepared for their sport and possible injuries that may occur. By using Press Play Video Analysis they will learn what most likely contributed to the injury and then have a plan to eliminate the weak links and compensations to make them perform better than before.
- Perform Better Press Play Video Analysis is not just a way to prevent and recover from injury, it is also a way to reach the highest levels of performance for your sport, by eliminating performance dragging restrictions, weak links, and compensations. By developing training regimens designed specifically for an athlete’s body and sport, Press Play Video Analysis can put the athlete on the path to optimal performance.
- Coordination of Medical and Training Team Press Play Analysis has the unique ability to give an athlete’s medical and training team members ONE place to learn about the athlete’s movements, habits, performance, weak links, and compensations via a secure login and password protected site. Not only will the athlete and their team members have access to suggestions, corrective exercises, and rehabilitation advice, they will have the advantage of having more tools to able to review and make their own analysis to better treat and train the athlete.